Friday 30 March 2007

Busy Busy Busy

I've been just about run off my feet lately, what with going back to my old part time job (Marstons) starting a new one (Shugborough) and starting my nappy advisor thing.  Well I say started that, really all I've done so far is get a few posters out there and start spreading the word, I hope to start actually doing it soon though....  I really need to find some Mum's (and of course Mum's to be) in the Staffordshire area that might be interested in learning a bit more about using cloth nappies on their babies.  I'm working on it anyway!

My other new job is going really well, and I'm loving it.  So far I've done a bit of 'dressing up' in the servants quaters which was great, and then yesterday I was at the farm in the dairy.  Spent the day making cheese and chatting to the visitors.  In many ways it's a bit of a dream job for me, I've never yet visited somewhere along these lines without imagining myself as a member of the household, and now I get to play at being a dairy maid or servant.  As jobs go, I suppose it's terribly self indulgent, almost as bad as working in a brewery and talking about my favorite beer....  I'll have to try and get a photo of myself all dressed up to show you, but I may have to wait until someone comes to visit, I can hardly stay in period while having a camera on me!
I'm in again next on Saturday, but working on Essex bridge, a little ticket office for people who walk in, rather than come via the main enterance, to be honest working out there is hardly as exciting as the other work, but I suppose that a job can hardly be all fun, so I don't really mind, wouldn't want to do it all of the time though.


I started back at Marsons on Monday, I was worried that I wouldn't remember a thing, but it all came flooding back to me.  Well almost all, I'm going to have to 'revise' my notes a little and see if I can't make a few more facts and figures stick.  There were one or two points when I was in full flow, and I realised I couldn't remember a few bits, but I bluffed my way through it, and they all said that it was very interesting. Mind you, that was after they'd had their free samples...




No comments:

Post a Comment