Sunday 17 May 2015

Late (again)

You're late (again)More often than not, when I drop the kids off at school, I find myself hurrying through the door
apologising for being late. I never used to be like this, but these days I struggle to get to places on time.

As a child, I don't remember ever getting to school as the bell rang, or worse still, after it had gone. My children are not able to say the same thing. 

Of course, you could say, and let's face it, it wouldn't be far wrong, that much of this is down to lack of organisation. It's also down to an unwillingness to get out of bed in the morning. It's cold, I'm tired still, I don't really want to have to do breakfast, find shoes, locate keys, get everyone into the car without an argument...

Of course, having four children to get ready in the morning doesn't help things. I should really try and get up that little bit earlier, do their lunches the night before (as I sometimes do) it doesn't always work though. Have you ever found though, the more time you have in the morning, the later it makes you.

Those morning when I've been really really late, when the bell has already gone and we're rushing into the classrooms after they've sat down and already done the roll. Those are the days when I've actually had more time, been up early and organised and then something has gone wrong.

I think it's because the more time you have to do something in, the more things that you do, then you end up being late. 

Whatever it is, I think I really need to sort something out and try to be on time again.

No comments:

Post a Comment