Monday 16 January 2017

Fighting for Phoebe - Jennifer Ann

Fighting for Phoebe

Fighting for Phoebe by Jennifer Ann



Jace Daniels is undeniably sexy.

I mean who doesn’t like the muscular, tattooed type who’s all mysterious and brooding? But he’s on the run from something dangerous, and I have enough of my own problems.
My existence has revolved around deception for as long as I can remember. Sometimes lying is like a damn disease…one I’ve been exposed to since birth. And as many times as I’ve dreamed about running away, my mother’s grasp on me runs deep.

Phoebe Carson is hot as hell.

She’s not just gorgeous, but quirky and a lot of fun. Even though I can’t afford to get involved with anyone, I feel a need to protect her from her psychotic ex.
After a failed attempt to expose the truth about a fellow Marine’s disappearance, running was my only option. I don’t know how much time I have until they’ll arrest me, but I’m determined to make things right.

My Review

Phoebe Carson has lots of problems, not least that her mother has been emotionally abusing her and taking advantage of her for years. She feels trapped and unable to break out from the life that she's been living. When Jace Daniels turns up on the scene and offers her a chance to escape, Phoebe feels that she can't take that step and leave her mother for good.

The attraction between the two is intense, Phoebe and Jace can't resist one another. Jace wants to protect and save Phoebe, but things aren't that straight forward. Without knowing it, they both have answers to the questions that each other have been searching for.

This is a fast moving and exciting read, with plenty of heat and romance between the two leads. I have to admit that at times I wasn't completely taken with Phoebe and I found her a little annoying. That aside though, it was a satisfying and enjoyable read.


No comments:

Post a Comment